Calendar of Events
CLC Event Type:
Exclusive Member Programs
Hikes and Walks
Thread Trail Tours
CO-CHAIRS Tommy Lee & Bill Mumford STEERING
Tommy Lee & Bill Mumford
Jarred Cochran, Tom Gates, Lud Hodges, Jim Hovis, Palmer McArthur,
Robert McLean, Scott Phillips, Steve Scruggs and Louis Stephens
Join us for our 2nd annual Clays for Conservation! Spend the day at the idyllic Fork Farm and Stables, CLC’s largest conserved property located at the confluence of the Rocky and Pee Dee Rivers in Norwood, NC.
Registration includes breakfast, lunch, 3 sporting clays games, ammo, drinks and snacks.
- $1,600 for a team of four
- $400 for an individual.
Event proceeds benefit CLC’s mission to save land and connect lives to nature!
Tickets & RegistrationRegister
Join us for a group
Join us for a group mountain bike. Ride along Long Creek Preserve Trail, part of the Carolina Thread Trail. We will ride beside the Catawba River and over this hilly, gravel and natural-surface trail as the sun sets. Hear from our Community Coordinator, Bret Baronak as he discusses the on-going development of the Thread Trail. Join us and ride into the sunset.
Requirements and Recommendations
- Pre-registration is required for this FREE tour. Register using the form below.
What is Provided
- Guide and staff to answer questions about the trail, local flora and fauna, and share stories of community history
- All required gear and safety equipment to participate including headlamp to borrow and reflective vest to borrow for the ride
- Snack and drink
What to Bring
- Please bring your own bike
- Please bring your own helmet
- Good closed toed shoes
- Comfortable clothing
(Thursday) 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Long Creek Preserve Trail
5500 Whitewater Center Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28214