Join our team!
None are available at this time.
Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) permanently protects land, water and wildlife habitat to enhance the quality of life in Mecklenburg, Gaston, Lincoln and Union counties, as well as in the southern portions of Catawba and Iredell. The Carolina Thread Trail (CTT), is a regional network of greenways, trails and blueways that connect 15 counties, 2 states and 2.3 million people. The Catawba Lands Conservancy/Carolina Thread Trail Marketing Intern will grow brand awareness for the two organizations by carrying out key pieces of the content calendar. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Senior Communications and Marketing Manager to implement email, social media, website and other strategies that will increase exposure of CLC and CTT to new and diverse audiences, and increase engagement with current audiences. The schedule of working hours is flexible, but a weekly minimum of hours must be met.
Hours: Part-time (10 hours/week) during Spring 2024 academic semester. Some evening or weekend meetings may be required.
Reports to: Senior Communications and Marketing Manager
Application Deadline: November 3, 2023
- Write content for CLC and CTT blogs, social media and email newsletter that supports themed messaging campaigns throughout the year
- Assist Senior Communications and Marketing Manager in developing and producing engaging video content for themed campaigns
- Post content on various communications platforms
- Monitor social media channels and encourage engagement and conversation, responding to messages and comments appropriately
- Develop and share strategies to grow and improve social media brands, and implement them alongside professional staff
- Monitor and report on success of themed messaging campaigns on social media, both paid and organic
- Report weekly to Senior Communications and Marketing Manager on success (both positive and negative) of content shared that week, and trends over time
Qualifications and Skills:
- Background in communications, marketing or related field
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail
- Experience using Facebook and Instagram, professional experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of Canva and Adobe Suite (especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign)
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
This internship is unpaid, but course credit may be available. Please note in your application if you hope to receive course credit for this position.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Marketing Internship” in the subject line.
Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) permanently protects land, water and wildlife habitat to enhance the quality of life in Mecklenburg, Gaston, Lincoln and Union counties, as well as in the southern portions of Catawba and Iredell. CLC is the lead agency for The Carolina Thread Trail (CTT), a regional network of greenways, trails and blueways that connect 15 counties, 2 states and 2.3 million people. The Staff Attorney role is integral to the success of advancing the missions of CLC and CTT. The position will support the Land Conservation and Stewardship teams to advise on complex land conservation transactions, conservation easement amendment requests, condemnations on CLC-owned preserves and other matters. The Staff Attorney will also support CTT in their work with local governments and landowners to acquire trail easements and maintenance agreements.
- The Staff Attorney will represent the interests of Catawba Lands Conservancy and Carolina Thread Trail in:
- Draft agreements, including conservation easements, trail easements, memoranda of understanding, contracts
- Support negotiation of agreements and property closings
- Respond to and manage: requests for conservation easement amendments, requests for easements or rights of way, condemnation filings, violations of conservation easements, grant contract amendments
- Evaluate and advise on risk management, including liability insurance, conservation insurance, program and volunteer participant waivers
- Engage and supervise outside counsel, as needed
- Perform legal research
Special projects, as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
Education and Experience:
- NC licensed attorney
- Experience with real estate transactions
- Experience with conservation
- Experience with nonprofits and local government
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and to work closely as part of a dynamic and motivated team with the ability to earn the trust and respect of others
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to take on multiple evolving and changing priorities and adjust quickly and efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accurate work product
- A passion for conservation and outdoor recreation, and a willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds to advance CLC and CTT’s missions
- “Team over self” approach and understanding of mission-driven work
This position is part-time with a pay rate of $30.00/hour and approximately 28 hours expected per week. The hours and work location are flexible, and the position may be conducted remotely with occasional meetings in the office or field.
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three references in a single PDF, by email to Bart Landess, Executive Director.
Please include “CLC/CTT Staff Attorney” in the subject line. References will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview.