Join our team!
None are available at this time.
The Catawba Lands Conservancy/Carolina Thread Trail Marketing Intern will grow brand awareness for the two organizations by carrying out key pieces of the content calendar. The Marketing Intern will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Manager to implement email, social media, website and other strategies that will increase exposure of CLC and CTT to new and diverse audiences, and increase engagement with current audiences. The Marketing Intern will work remotely from the location of their choosing, but must have reliable internet. Some in-person opportunities might become available (site visits to see properties, assistance at programs or events, etc.) but are dependent on the local conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic. The schedule of working hours is flexible, but a weekly minimum of hours must be met.
Hours: Part-time (10-15 hours/week). Some evening or weekend meetings may be required.
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Manager
Application Deadline: Rolling
- Background in communications, marketing or related field
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail
- Experience using Facebook and Instagram, professional experience a strong plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Knowledge of WordPress a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write content for CLC and CTT blogs, social media and email newsletter that supports themed messaging campaigns throughout the year
- Assist Communications and Marketing Manager and Program Coordinator in developing and producing engaging video content for themed campaigns and virtual programs
- Assist Program Coordinator with promotion of virtual and in-person programs
- Post content on various communications platforms
- Monitor social channels and encourage engagement and conversation, responding to messages and comments appropriately
- Develop and share strategies to grow and improve social media brands, and implement them alongside professional staff
- Monitor and report on success of themed messaging campaigns on social media, both paid and organic
- Report weekly to Communications and Marketing Manager on success (both positive and negative) of content shared that week, and trends over time
About Catawba Lands Conservancy:
Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) is a local, nonprofit land trust dedicated to saving land and connecting lives to nature in the Southern Piedmont of North Carolina. CLC protects more than 16,500 acres of land and serves Catawba, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg and Union counties. CLC is committed to improving the quality of life in the communities it serves by protecting clean water, wildlife habitats, farmland and natural open spaces for public benefit. CLC is also the lead agency for the Carolina Thread Trail, a regional network of trails, greenways and blueways focused on linking more than two million citizens through 15 counties in North and South Carolina. For more information, visit catawbalands.org.
About the Carolina Thread Trail:
The Carolina Thread Trail is a planned network of 1,600 miles of trails in 15 counties in the Charlotte region, 300 miles of which have been completed. CTT is currently conducting a capital campaign to help build more trails.
The staff of CTT and CLC work together as an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, each with a passion for land conservation and access to nature and all with a strong work ethic.
Course credit may be available. Please note in your application if you hope to receive course credit for this position.
None are available at this time.