Join our team!
The Carolina Thread Trail Community Coordinator will promote and serve as key contact for building trails that are part of the CTT network within an assigned region and will be responsible for executing successful strategies that result in implementation of The Carolina Thread Trail. The Community Coordinator will be responsible for building relationships with community leaders, local land trusts, municipal staff and elected officials and, as a partner to the communities, helping deliver resources and expertise needed for trail planning, design, land acquisition, construction and funding. This person will provide oversight and help facilitate all community aspects related to public adoption of county-wide master trail plans and manage the grants and implementation process for the Thread Trail in each designated community. A flexible schedule is required due to some evening and weekend meetings.
Hours: Full time (40 hours per week); 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday; occasional additional weekend and evening hours required
Reports to: Thread Trail Director
Application Deadline: January 29, 2021
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to interact with a broad cross-section of people
- Strong follow-up and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient with Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Trail, greenway or land conservation experience a strong plus
- Community planning, land use planning experience a plus
- Experience with state and federal trail funding sources a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and service outreach needs in Gaston and contiguous counties
- Represent CTT in various community meetings
- Set-up and manage organizational and progress meetings
- Manage relationships among elected officials, local residents, capital campaign contributors, municipal staff and capital campaign steering committee during the land acquisition, design, planning and construction of Thread Trail segments
- Assist designated counties with funding strategies for trail build-out– includes assisting with Carolina Thread Trail grant applications and helping communities access state and federal funding
- Build relationships with newly appointed elected officials in each county to educate them and build support for the project
- Develop and organize community outreach volunteers within territory
- Develop and prepare all meeting materials
- Respond to specific inquiries about CTT from assigned territory
- Maintain county dashboards for assigned territory
About the Carolina Thread Trail:
The Carolina Thread Trail is a planned network of 1,600 miles of trails in 15 counties in the Charlotte region, 300 miles of which have been completed. CTT is currently conducting a capital campaign to help build more trails.
Catawba Lands Conservancy permanently protects land, water and wildlife habitat to enhance your quality of life. It is a local land trust serving the six-county area surrounding Charlotte, NC. The Conservancy is the lead agency for the Carolina Thread Trail, a fifteen county regional trail initiative that will weave together existing trails, open space and regional destinations (see our web site at www.carolinathreadtrail.org ).
The staff of CTT and CLC work together as an exceptional team of dedicated professionals, each with a passion for land conservation and access to nature and all with a strong work ethic.
Please send resume and cover letter to Bret Baronak, 4530 Park Road, Charlotte, NC, 28209 or email@example.com.