Join us for the 5th annual Clays for Conservation sporting clays tournament presented by Regions Bank! Escape the office and spend a half-day out on the land at Catawba Lands Conservancy’s largest conserved property, the Fork Farm and Stables. The morning tournament is followed by lunch and awards for the winning team and individual.
Social distancing and additional safety measures will be in place to ensure a safe event. See below for Covid-19 safety specifics.
Event proceeds benefit CLC’s mission to save land and connect lives to nature!
$2,000 for a team of four; $500 for an individual
Includes: breakfast, boxed BBQ lunch, 50 clay course (14 stations), 50 clay flurry, ammo, drinks, snacks and participant gift
8 am: Registration and breakfast
8:45 am: Welcome and safety talk
9 am: Shotgun tournament start
12 pm: Lunch
12:30 pm: Awards and raffle (optional)
EVENT AND PARTICIPANT INFORMATION
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please bring a mask, which is required when inside the Ordinary to pick up breakfast and lunch, and anytime social distancing is not possible. Disposable masks will be available.
- Please bring ear and eye protection, which is required on the sporting clays course.
- Your firearm. Rental guns will be available but are limited and a team may have to share one gun. 12 and 20 gauge ammo is provided.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE EVENT:
- Required: Complete the two required waivers to participate in the event:
Fork Farm Waiver Catawba Lands Waiver
- Mulligans are available for purchase for $10 per mulligan, max of 2 mulligan per person. They will not be shot on the course but added to your score. We encourage you to purchase them online in advance.
- Raffle prizes will be available! We encourage you to purchase tickets for a chance to win a half-day quail hunt and other prizes online in advance. Raffle winners will be called at 12:30 pm. You do not have to be present to win. If you choose to leave before then, we will email/call you.
WHAT IS PROVIDED:
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages
- 12 and 20 gauge ammo
- Participant thank you gift
- Hand sanitizer and disposable masks
The Fork and Catawba Lands Conservancy are taking several precautions and making some adjustments for this event due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Clays for Conservation is an outdoor event but to ensure all participants remain safe, we will implement appropriate social distancing, sanitizing and protection methods including:
- Participants and staff will be required to wear masks when inside The Ordinary to pick up breakfast and lunch and when not able to social distance (i.e. registration). Masks will be available at the event.
- Catawba Lands Conservancy staff will wear masks throughout event.
- All participants, staff and volunteers will have their temperatures checked upon registration.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the event and on the course.
- Breakfast will consist of individually wrapped biscuit sandwiches, fruit and coffee.
- Lunch will consist of boxed lunches and closed container beverages like soft drinks, sports drinks and water.
- Seating for lunch will be limited to 4 people per table and tables will be 6 feet apart.
- Participants are encouraged to purchase mulligan and raffle tickets online in advance or from their smart phone at the event to minimize transactions. Only credit cards will be accepted for payment.
Raffle tickets will be available for pre-purchase at the link above and on-site through the beginning of lunch. If you choose not to stay for the raffle announcement at 12:30 pm, we will contact you after the event. Raffle prizes and pricing are as follows:
• Berretta A300 Outlander Shot Gun: $40 for one ticket | 3 tickets for $100
• The Fork Half-Day Quail Hunt for One: $30 for one ticket | 2 tickets for $50
• Carolina Sporting Arms Year-long Family Range Membership: $30 for one ticket | 2 tickets for $50
• Regions Bike Beach Cruiser: $10 for one ticket
Len Botkin, Tom Gates, Jim Hovis, Lud Hodges, Tommy Lee, Palmer McArthur,
Gena Morris, Bill Mumford, Scott Phillips, Steve Scruggs, Louis Stephens
Support land and water conservation through a corporate sponsorship and receive recognition for your investment.
For more information, contact
704-342-3330 x 205
CLAYS AND AMMO
Brasfield & Gorrie
Moore & Van Allen
Lat Purser & Associates
Palmer & Cay
Southeastern Architectural Services
The Odom Firm
The Shaw Tate Group