Seeds of hope for the Schweinitz’s sunflowerDecember 10, 2020
What does the future hold for development, trails in Charlotte?January 15, 2021
Last year brought a lot of challenges to the Conservancy and Thread Trail.
As we look back on this unprecedented year that was 2020, it’s incredible to see all of the things we accomplished together despite the many challenges. Thanks to your support we were able to:
- Conserve over 500 acres of land, including two local family farms
- Keep trails open for people to use, despite a pandemic and extreme weather events
- Launch new initiatives to restore native plants and heritage prairie habitat to several of our conserved properties
- Find creative ways to support our community through at-home nature content, a local farmshare and a backyard picnic
- Debut new trail signs in two pilot programs in Gaston and Cabarrus Counties
Click the button below to learn more about these and our other successes over the past year!