**In compliance with North Carolina regulations and current CDC guidelines, Catawba Lands Conservancy and Carolina Thread Trail are taking the following steps and exercising additional precautions to ensure the safety
**In compliance with North Carolina regulations and current CDC guidelines, Catawba Lands Conservancy and Carolina Thread Trail are taking the following steps and exercising additional precautions to ensure the safety of program participants, volunteers, and staff:
- All programs outdoors
- Limit program participant capacity. This program will be limited to 15 participants.
- All staff using masks
- Encouraging all participants to use masks
Get your paddle muscles ready! Join Carolina Thread Trail and the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation for a morning guided kayak trip on the Catawba River. This section of blueway, which includes Lake Wylie, is part of the Carolina Thread Trail’s blueway network which currently includes over 170 miles of waterways in North and South Carolina. On the river, we will explore the natural surroundings, learn about the local ecosystem, and hear from the Catawba Riverkeepers about their efforts to protect and improve water quality in the Catawba-Wateree River Basin. See you on the water!
This paddle is offered in partnership with the Catawba Riverkeeper Foundation.
***You must be able to swim to participate in this event.
- Course: 3-4 mile paddle across the Catawba River, past Saddlers Island, and up Long Creek
- Time: Saturday, May 15, 9:00 – 12 noon
- Parking Address: 1000 Marina Village Dr, Mt Holly, NC 28120 MAP
- Catawba Riverkeeper outdoor educator
- Carolina Thread Trail staff guide
- $25 kayak, PFD, and paddle rental
- Safety gear and first aid
- Extra face masks and hand sanitizer
- Full water bottle
- Water shoes or old sneakers
- Hat, sunscreen, sunshirt, bug spray
- Clothes you don’t mind getting wet
- Personal medical supplies (Epipen, inhaler, etc.)
- A personal face mask
(Saturday) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
1000 Marina Village Drive Mt Holly, NC 28120