With this year being the 50th anniversary of the first Earth Day, we thought we’d pull together a few quick and easy things you can do to help the environment. Nature is always here for us, so here are a few ways you can be here for nature!
1. Landscape for wildlife! Here is a guide from NC Wildlife Federation to make your yard earth friendly and create an outdoor classroom.
2. Meatless Monday. Decrease the impact meat production has on the environment with more veggies and grains! Easy recipes on the Meatless Monday site.
3. Compost. Turn your table scraps and yard clippings into “black gold” for your landscape or garden and keep them out of the landfill. Learn how from the NC Coorperative Extension.
4. Less water. Turn your tap off while you brush your teeth, take shorter showers and run the dishwasher when it is full.
5. Donate. Used clothing, furniture and house ware, etc…can be reused and repurposed to your nearest Goodwill, Salvation Army or homeless shelter.